We are proud to announce our first compilation — featuring nearly 50 pages of bonus never-before-published content — on the Dungeon Masters Guild:
Forging the Realms: A DM’s Kit for Running the Realms, available now for only $2.00 at the DMsGuild!
This guide compiles several releases that are tailor-made for making the Forgotten Realms campaign setting a joy to run, and includes nearly 50 pages of content that provides extra tables and lists for the DM’s tool box. Whether you’re new to Faerun and need some help making your campaign feel Realmsian, or you’re an old hat looking for new ways to invigorate adventure prep or at-the-table gameplay when the players go off the rails, this guide is for you! Let’s see what’s inside:
Compiling several existing resources that are specifically geared towards making the Realms more user-friendly, this guide also contains several new and expanded pieces that will help new DMs understand Faerun better and help experienced DMs find useful options and variants or employ fun new results that fit the theme and lore of the Forgotten Realms. Whether you’re using this to inspire a new adventure or campaign, or to bolster your tool kit for improvising new and exciting results at the game table, you’ll find that everything in here is targeted at the campaign setting that is at the center of the biggest adventures and campaigns out for Dungeons & Dragons right now!
In this 100 page guide, you’ll find:
- The Calendar of Harptos, a fully laid out 12-month calendar with moon phases and holidays!
- An appendix of seasonal celebrations, holidays by patron deity, and other useful indexes.
- A blank Calendar of Harptos page that you can use for setting up your own game world calendar or modify to your whims.
- The complete Roll of Years, featuring all the known named years in the Faerun’s past, present, and future!
- Names of the Forgotten Realms, compiled lists of First and Last names compiled from the writings of Ed Greenwood, the creator of the Realms!
- Out of the Abyss DM Kit & Screen, featuring tons of advice and useful indexes for Underdark campaign.
- A 4-panel DM Screen customized for Underdark/Out of the Abyss content in both Portrait and Landscape layouts!
- A guide for determining what Optional and Variant Rules from the Core Rulebooks are best for your campaign, especially if you want to set your adventures in other lands, such as Kara-Tur.
- Indexes of all the Optional and Variant Rules in the Core Rulebooks.
- Indexes of all the random tables found in the Core Rulebooks, so when your players do something unexpected, you can quickly generate exciting results to drive the adventure forward! Or use them to inspire your next adventure or campaign!
Expand your campaign today with Forging the Forgotten Realms: A DM’s Kit for Running the Realms!
If you enjoyed this article, please comment, like, and share! We publish supplements, campaign accessories, and adventures for Dungeons & Dragons at Dungeon Masters Guild as well as other OSR games and Cortex Plus at DriveThruRPG.